Are there set visiting hours?
- There are no set hours. We encourage people to stop by anytime. The doors are locked between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. and visitors are asked to use the doorbell to contact staff and volunteers to be let in.
How many guest care assistants will be here?
- There is usually one or two per shift, depending on the number of guests staying with us.
Is there a nurse here all of the time?
- We have Certified Nursing Assistants and Medical Assistants 24/7. Our staff are in constant contact with the hospice nurse that is overseeing our guests’ medical care.
How many guests do you care for?
- We can accommodate up to six guests.
Is there a charge for staying at Brian’s House?
- Yes. We do not receive government funding, Medicare/Medicaid or private insurance reimbursement. Therefore we charge a $200 admission fee and guests are charged a daily room and board fee based on a sliding scale. We do not want to turn anyone away regardless of the ability to pay. Brian’s House Community Group has “Helping Hands Fund” that will assist families to help cover some of the room and board costs that are associated with a stay at Brian’s House. This fund is made possible through generous donations from the community.
Can personal items be brought in?
- Photos and personal items are allowed.
Can I help care for the guest?
- Yes. We strongly encourage loved ones helping with care their loved one that is our guest.
Are children allowed to visit?
- Yes. We allow family members to make the determination if having children visit is appropriate.
Are overnight stays allowed?
- Yes, there are cots available.
What time are meals?
- Meals are whenever the guest wants to eat.
What time is bedtime?
- Whenever the guest is used to going to bed.
Can I eat here also?
- Family and loved ones who are visiting are welcome bring in food or use our kitchen to prepare food for themselves and their guests.
Can food be brought in for the guest?
- Yes, and please put the guest’s name and date on it.
How is laundry handled?
- The staff and volunteers do the guest’s laundry.
Are there phones in the rooms?
- No, but there is a portable phone for guest’s use. The number is 989.892.4616
Are pets allowed?
- Yes. We welcome pets for a short visit. Please check with our staff to make arrangements.
Are guests allowed to leave?
- Yes, but it must be prearranged with the staff.
Is there WiFi?
Can I be a volunteer?
- Yes. Please fill out the application and drop it off at Brian’s House.